No-Bake Cheesecake with raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and buttery biscuit base is my favorite summer dessert of all time. If you are a fan of super chill, fruity desserts this one won’t disappoint you.
My mom is a “cheesecake expert” so I’ve decided to share some of her wisdom with you. :)
200g semi-sweet biscuits
70g melted butter
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp water
½ tbsp (5g) gelatin powder
2 tbsp (30ml) cold water
Cream Cheese Mixture (you can also use cottage cheese and sour cream)
300g cream cheese (room temperature) / 300g cottage cheese
400g chilled whipping cream (35% fat) / 400g sour cream
100g powdered sugar
½ tbsp (5g) gelatin powder
1. First, you need to prepare the berry sauce so it has time to cool. You can use any berry you like, but my advice would be to use the above-mentioned combination. Put the berries, sugar, lemon juice and water in a small saucepan and place it over medium heat. Bring to a simmer while stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes, until the sauce thickens. After that you need to run the sauce through a sieve to get rid of berry seeds.
2. While the sauce is preparing, dissolve gelatin in cold water and let it swell for 5-10 minutes. Place gelatin over low heat until it fully dissolves and then pour it over sieved berry sauce. Let the sauce cool at room temperature while you prepare the rest.
3. Prepare the crust - place the biscuits/crackers in chopper to turn it into crumbs or put them in a bag and use a rolling pin. Transfer the crumbs into a bowl and mix it with melted butter. After that press the mixture into the bottom of a non-stick springform pan (8 inch/20cm).
4. Prepare the cream cheese mixture - Dissolve gelatin in cold water and let it swell for 5-10 minutes. Meanwhile in a large bowl mix cream cheese with powdered sugar and in another bowl whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. After that incorporate them into one bowl. (if you are using cottage cheese you need to whip it in a blender until it gets smooth, if it’s too dry you may need to add a little bit of milk or cream. Use another bowl to mix sour cream with powdered sugar and finally pour both of these mixtures into one bowl).
Place gelatin over low heat. Stir it until it fully dissolves and then pour it over cream cheese mixture.
5. Divide this mixture between two different bowls. Pour the berry sauce into one of them and stir it.
6. Pour the deep purple cream cheese mix over the crust and spread it evenly. Freeze it for about 20 minutes.
7. Finish with the plain cream cheese mixture, spread it evenly and freeze it 15-20 minutes. After that refrigerate cheesecake for about 6 hours.
Before serving decorate it with fresh berries...